Iron Corner Symposium
Iron Metabolism and the Treatment of Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease – Irwin Gross M.D
- Describe the role of inflammation in limiting enteric iron absorption
- Discuss the possible role of intravenous iron and transfusion in infection
- Discuss recent trends in the use of erythropoietic stimulating agents and IV iron in the treatment of anemia associated with chronic kidney disease
Iron Metabolism, Anemia, and CKD
Guidance and Approach to Potential Side Effects including Hypersensitivity to IV Iron: The Nursing Perspective – Joseph Thomas R.N.
- Explain evaluation of iron deficiency anemia and labs to guide effective management of patient outcomes
- Evaluate five IV iron preparation, dosing and administration
- Describe risks and benefits of IV iron therapy to patients that are receiving therapy
Safety of IV Iron
Safety of Intravenous Iron in Patients with Infection – Michael Auerbach M.D.
Learn why intravenous iron is safe; but when serious adverse events are seen, they are likely iatrogenic.
IV Iron and Infection