Transfusion Safety Officer – RN Administrative Coordinator
Under the direction of the Blood Bank Manager and the Medical Staff of the Blood Bank and Transfusion Medicine Services (BBTMS), examine and improve all systems associated with transfusion processes to ensure the safest possible transfusion experience. Participate in the education of those involved with the transfusion processes. Manage the oversight of deviation investigation and process improvement. Continue the development of a robust Health-System-wide Patient Blood Management program.
- Serve as primary clinical interface with clinicians and clinical units engaging in transfusion.
- Work with BBTMS physicians, manager, Quality Officer, and other clinician and nurse stakeholders to develop an effective and comprehensive PBM Program.
- Manage the quality assurance process of the BBTMS.
- Participate in developing transfusion related educational materials.
- Manage the gathering and dissemination of information pertaining to adverse events.
- Participate in departmental or other continuing education programs.
Position Compensation Range: $67,849.60 – $108,555.20 Annually
- Education: BSN degree from an accredited nursing program; Masters’ or higher preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of clinical experience, preferably in both medical and surgical inpatient care units, or similar situations in which transfusions occur. Project Management experience.
- Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
To Apply: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Medical-Center-Charlottesville-VA/Transfusion-Safety-Officer—RN-Administrative-Coordinator_R0013179/apply?source=SABM